Monday, February 8, 2010

Building SeaMonkey

Building SeaMonkey was a task I kept putting off but really didn't take that long considering the previous courses I have taken has me install the prerequisites for this task.

The first thing i had to do was install Mercurial

And download the SeaMonkey code off comm-central

I used the command to download and send the code to a the folder called src
hg clone src
python checkout

After downloading it i created the .mozconfig file.

ac_add_options --enable-application=suite
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/objdir-sm-release
mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-j4"

And tried to compile the source code. The problem i ran into was that i could not compile the code if the path to the code had spaces. What took me awhile to realize was the code downloaded from comm-central to my documents and setttings, and i couldn't rename that. I cut and paste the code else where which took 20 mintues, a lot files.

After figure that out i used the command
make -f

After and hour of compiling i was rewarded with no errors and a clean launch of SeaMonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment